FAQ - What Can I Do With My G1 Permit?
Special Conditions When Driving With a G1 Permit:
Up to the time that you pass a G1 exit road test, you must take driving lessons from a fully-licenced driver in the passenger seat and observe the following restrictions and rules:
- The accompanying driver has to have a full Class G Licence (or better) and have been licenced to drive for at least four years.
- He/she can be the only passenger in the front seat of the vehicle with you.
- You have to have had your G1 Licence at least 12 months before attempting the G1 test.
- Never exceed 0% blood alcohol content at any time
- It is also necessary for your co-driver to have a blood alcohol content below 0.05% in case they have to take over as driver.
- If the accompanying driver is 21 or under they must have zero per cent in case he/she needs to assume control of the vehicle.
You may not drive on the following highways unless with a certified driving instructor:
- 400 series highways (400, 400A, 401, 402, 403, 404, 406, 407, 409, 410, 416, 417, 420, 427)
- Queen Elizabeth Way
- Don Valley Parkway
- Gardiner Expressway
- E.C. Row Expressway
- Conestoga Parkway
- Any Highway with a speed limit in excess of 80 KPM.
- No driving between 12:00am and 5:00am.
- All rear seat passengers must be wearing a seat belt – only one per seatbelt.
- Drive only G Class designated vehicles.
Tags: Driving Lessons, Driving Restrictions, driving with my G1 permit